Website UL Solutions
At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
What you’ll learn & achieve:
- Examines HVAC units and reads blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, measuring instruments, and operational instructions. Evaluates test performance and reviews test and construction data with supervisor.
- Builds and/or adapts setup and test equipment to new situations, based on data sheets and instructions from engineering department personnel. May direct staff in test setups.
- Operates designated machines and special laboratory equipment. Performs routine maintenance of designated test equipment and laboratory area.
- Receives instructions from and reports data to engineers and other laboratory personnel. May communicate with clients during the setup and performance of a test to demonstrate or otherwise illustrate equipment test methods and/or to discuss test results. May communicate with UL field representatives to discuss additional follow-up tests, samples, equipment, methods and/or results.
- Records observed or calculated data on appropriate UL forms and prepares data sheets and test reports. May plan tests, evaluate test results and report opinions and interpretations, as directed.
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Performs other duties as directed.
What makes you a great fit:
- Vocational training or a degree in HVAC.
- Universal EPA certification.
- Strong electrical aptitude.
- Prior experience working with residential HVAC preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work 3rd shift with the option to move to 2nd shift
What you’ll experience working at UL:
Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
Total Rewards: In the US, we provide lots of great benefits for our employees are their families. From Volunteer Days off to 401k match and retirement contribution benefits to flexible work location & schedule options we look to support our employees no matter what stage in life they are experiencing.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit our company page www.UL.com
Connect With Us!
Connect with us to keep informed about the latest UL career opportunities, tailored to your interests.
If you wish to request reasonable accommodation at any time, please email our Talent Acquisition team at Talent.Acquisition@ul.com.
UL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female/Minority/disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please review the EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
Please review the following additional documents:
Right to Work Poster (English)
Applicant Data Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
To apply for this job please visit usenglish-ul.icims.com.