Website The da Vinci School
Facilities Manager for The da Vinci School
The da Vinci School is a private, not for profit preschool and kindergarten in north Dallas which has been in operation for 35 years. We are extremely proud of our campus that was built to be both environmentally and ecologically responsible. All of our landscape is native and drought resistant. Since construction was completed in 2010, The da Vinci School has maintained its LEED Certified campus status.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Perform regular hands-on maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Manage and oversee the maintenance of the school facilities (HVAC, plumbing, electrical, fire systems, etc.).
- Ensure school-wide compliance with health laws, state education mandates, licensing, building codes, safety requirements, and all federal and state workplace regulations.
- Coordinate the completion of all phases of the life cycle for maintenance and facilities projects.
Provides regular reports for the purpose of conveying information including but not limited to: projects, maintenance issues and property/high-value items to the head of school.
- Create continuous improvement procedures.
- Strong ability to plan, develop a strategy, organize, prioritize, work under time constraints, and be flexible in an environment of multiples tasks and changing priorities.
Available on a 24/7 basis for weather emergencies and crisis events.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of common laws, policies and regulations pertaining to early childhood schools or willingness to learn.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Ability to use basic tools to assemble school items and make basic repairs as needed.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents and community.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to apply principles and procedures in work performed.
- Team player who has a strong work ethic.
Physical Requirements (not limited to):
Moving objects up to 50lbs.
Operate machines and power tools
Paid time off
Sick time off
Monday to Friday
Weekend availability as needed for emergencies
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org